Here’s How You Can Work in Canada After Post Graduation

The biggest question international students have is what after completing education. Will they get work in Canada, or will they work after the course gets over.

Every country has different rules about post-study work visas, and Canada is the best among them. Many students are confused about the opportunities that a post-graduation work visa holds.

Here are some things that you need to know about it:

1. Eligibility

You should be 18 years old or older than that. You should have studied in Canada for at least eight months. To apply for the visa, you need proof, like a certificate, that you have completed the course and its program requirements.

You also need to apply for a work permit within 90 days of finishing your course. Your study permit should be valid to apply for a work visa.

2. Duration of the post-graduation work permit

As mentioned before, you must complete a minimum of eight months of the program to apply for a post-graduation work visa. If your course lasts between eight months to two years, you get a work visa for the same duration.

For example, your program is a year-long, then you’ll get a work permit that is a year long. If your program is for two years or longer than that, you get a work visa for three years.

In case you’ve done a couple of courses, one after the other, you get a work visa for three years as well.

3. How to apply for the post-graduation work permit

You can either apply online or on paper. If you plan to apply online, you must attach soft copies of the required documents. The process is super easy, and you can also request your seniors to help with it.

4. Until the decision comes

You can work full time until a decision is made. However, your study permit should be valid, your program should be over, and your study visa should allow you to work off-campus.

I hope this information clears all your doubts.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *