Here’s How You Can Work in Australia After Post Graduation

It is a little difficult to understand Australia’s Post Graduation Work visa. They have many subclasses of visas for different purposes. Under this visa, there are two more categories.

Graduate Work visa – gives you a work permit of 18 months after you complete your undergraduate or postgraduate degree.

A post-study work visa is given to graduate students who want to study further and work. Students are given two, three, or four-year visas depending on their highest educational qualifications.

Here are some things you need to know about the work permit:

1. Study

Firstly, the course you are doing should be registered under the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Course for Overseas Students. You should have completed at least 92 weeks of education in Australia.

It means that even if you take 96 weeks to complete an 80-week long course, the registration body will consider only 80 weeks.

If you have studied outside Australia for 92 weeks in a Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Course for Overseas Students course, you are still eligible for the work permit.

2. Application

You have to apply for the subclass 485 visa within six months after your course completes. Please don’t confuse it with six months after getting awarded the completion certificate.

3. Qualification

Your highest qualification is always considered. To be eligible for a work permit and increase your chances of getting one is by having two degrees – bachelor’s and master’s in the same field.

Whichever course you have studied in should be very similar to the work you want to undertake in the future.

Once you get the Australian work permit, you are free to go ahead and work in your desired field. Make the most out of it and reach greater heights.

While getting a work permit, you might find a lot of difficulty, but it is worth the wait.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *